Monday, October 27, 2014

Movie Monday's #1


 Okay guys. This is another new feature on my blog called Movie Mondays and these posts will be reviews/recommendations of movies I've seen and loved. I watch a lot of movies and I usually love them. I hope you like these types of posts! Let's get started!

Today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite Studio Ghibli films. I know animation is sometimes viewed as something for children and while this for movie is okay for kids to watch, its great for the whole family. Studio Ghibli is a film studio based out of Japan. One of the studio directors, Hayao Miyazaki, is the director and animator for this movie as well as many others. He is amazing. All of the animation is absolutely beautiful and each movie has so much detail put into it. Even the food looks good. 


My Neighbor Totoro
"When two girls move to the country to be near their ailing mother, they have adventures with the wonderous forest spirits who live nearby" - IMDB



Satsuki and Mai


This movie is adorable. The story centers around two young sisters, Satsuki and Mei, when they move to the country with with father to be near their sick mother. This movie is great for families and kids of all ages. It is a super colorful movie (as most Studio Ghibli movies are) and the little girls are adorable. The girls go on cute adventures with Totoro and the  other forest spirits that live in the woods near their home. They write letters to their mother detailing their adventures and it gives her something to look forward to while she's recovering. This movie is definitely a movie to watch when you need a pick me up or when you want to show the kids a good, wholesome movie. There is also a bus that is a giant cat. Its called the Catbus and if that doesn't make you want to watch then I don't know what will. 
A cat that is a bus. It's beautiful.

*All photos are from imdb



No comments:

Post a Comment