Saturday, May 9, 2015

{Recipe} Homemade Mint Lemonade



Hey guys!
The weather is getting warmer so it's time to break out the swimsuits and sunscreen! Today I have a recipe to share with you. This recipe is from my 1950s Better Homes & Gardens cookbook. I bought from an antique market for $2! It's a little worn but it's my favorite cookbook. 

This recipe is for lemonade and it is super easy! But I've added a little twist by adding mint to the lemonade because I love mint.

Ingredients
-  1 C. Sugar
- 1 C. Water
- 3 or so Lemons
-Fresh Mint Leaves

Directions 
  1. Cook the sugar and water for 3 minutes to make a simple syrup; Store in the refrigerator. 
  2. Juice the lemons. 
  3. Muddle the mint leaves in a glass
  4. Mix 3 to 4 tablespoons of simple syrup, 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1 cup of water per serving.
  5.  Pour over the mint leaves and add ice; Enjoy! 

Honestly when it comes to mixing the lemonade I have more lemon juice than anything else in mine. I like my lemonade to me more tart than sweet. So really you can just play around with mixing it to see what you like best!

What's your favorite drink to beat the heat? 

No comments:

Post a Comment