Thursday, October 16, 2014

Weekend Wonders #1


Hey guys! Today I'm introducing a new type of post! I'm calling them 
Weekend Wonders and what they'll consist of is little
 weekend adventures that I take with my friends! My group of friends
 consist of my mom, our friends Michelle, Lynn and Michelle's daughter AnnaLee.
 You'll see a lot of them on this blog. :) This past weekend we went to 
the Georgia Apple Festival in Ellijay and it was so much fun!
 It's mostly a crafts fair with loads of food and fun games for kids. 
I took a few pictures of booths we saw but I honestly didn't take as many pictures 
as I should've, I kept forgetting to take pictures! The day started out rainy 
and dark so the pictures aren't the greatest so  I'm sorry in advance! 

This is AnnaLee, one of the cutest kid on the planet. I know it
 doesn't really look like it but I promise she had fun and let me tell you, t
his girl has as much sass as anyone I've ever seen. I love her. 

These adorable creations are made by Evelyn and John Pagett of Perfectly Imperfect Designs. They're based in Canton, GA and they are the cutest couple. 
These are made from hubcaps of cars and lids from pot and pans. 
They have such talent to take something that someone would just throw 
away and turn it into something adorable! I highly recommend 
you look at their website.

These custom etched river stones are done by Kenny 
Horah of Dawsonville, GA.He is incredibly talented and he
 has something for everyone! You can email him here


 These birdhouses were probably one of the coolest things I saw at the festival. 
They're made by Algie Jones out of old tins or anything really. 
The birdhouses are also decorated with any little things that 
Algie found that looked neat. You can email Algie here.

We looked around downtown Ellijay before we headed to the apple orchard 
and October happens to the month of the Scarecrow Invasion. 
This is where everyone is town can make a scarecrow and
 put them everywhere not going to lie, some of them were creepy.
 But it was really awesome that the whole town gets involved. 


We decided to go apple picking while we were up in Ellijay and we 
chose B.J. Reece's orchards out of the many up there. B.J. Reece's is a 
U-Pick orchard which means you can pick your own apples but you can also 
buy apples that have already been picked. We didn't get there until after 2pm
 and honestly we were disappointed. There were hardly any apples 
that we could reach and there were tons of yellow jackets everywhere. 
We still had fun though. They had a cow train, apple cannon, petting zoo and 
you could also milk a cow

They had the cutest little goats. 

Although there weren't many apples for picking, it was still beautiful. 
I hope you guys have enjoyed this first Weekend Wonders post! I have plenty more planned in the future! The question of the day is: What is your favorite Autumn activity? 


No comments:

Post a Comment