Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Bookish Tendencies #1

Hello!

I'm going to keep introducing new types of posts until I have enough to make a post almost everyday. Todays new post is all about different books I recommend. I read quite a bit and the types of books I enjoy vary but most are young adult fiction. A lot of good YA books have come out in the past few years and I haven't even read half of them. But the ones I have read are fantastic, although there have been some that I didn't enjoy but that doesn't mean they aren't good books. Please fill free to recommend some books to me and follow me on Goodreads


"Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a walled-in city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten. Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of them—the vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself dies and becomes one of the monsters.

Forced to flee her city, Allie must pass for human as she joins a ragged group of pilgrims seeking a legend—a place that might have a cure for the disease that killed off most of civilization and created the rabids, the bloodthirsty creatures who threaten human and vampire alike. And soon Allie will have to decide what and who is worth dying for… again.
Enter Julie Kagawa's dark and twisted world as an unforgettable journey begins."
I checked this book out from my library on a whim and it was such a great choice! I stayed up all night to finish The Immortal Rules and then I ended up checking out the next two as well. The books are incredibly well written, as all of Julie Kagawa's books are. The characters are very fleshed out and the action is fantastic. I highly recommend this book to anyone who like vampire books but thought the Twilight books were lame because these are way better than Twilight. 

"The year was 2014. We had cured cancer. We had beaten the common cold. But in doing so we created something new, something terrible that no one could stop. 

The infection spread, virus blocks taking over bodies and minds with one, unstoppable command: FEED. Now, twenty years after the Rising, bloggers Georgia and Shaun Mason are on the trail of the biggest story of their lives - the dark conspiracy behind the infected. 

The truth will get out, even if it kills them"
This book was recommended by the lovely ladies at Junebugs and Georgia Peaches. They're two of my favorite bloggers so I had to check out this book and I'm so glad I did. I'm a little less then half way done with it but I've already checked out the last two books in the trilogy! I love zombies and books about zombies. I'm also tossing around the idea of being a journalist so this books takes to of my favorite things which are zombies and journalism and smashes them together in one fantastic trilogy. The Mason siblings are super likeable and the book is so well written. Mira Grant did research by contacting the CDC when she created the virus that makes the zombies so that makes the story more believe which is really quite unnerving. If you love zombies then check these books out!



"Two misfits.
One extraordinary love.

Eleanor
... Red hair, wrong clothes. Standing behind him until he turns his head. Lying beside him until he wakes up. Making everyone else seem drabber and flatter and never good enough...Eleanor.

Park... He knows she'll love a song before he plays it for her. He laughs at her jokes before she ever gets to the punch line. There's a place on his chest, just below his throat, that makes her want to keep promises...Park.

Set over the course of one school year, this is the story of two star-crossed sixteen-year-olds—smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try"
Okay, I know this sounds like a typical teenage love story and it is to a certain degree but it is brilliant. 

This freaking book. I know it sounds like a stereotypical teen romance book and it is in some way but it is amazing. I've never had a book, besides Harry Potter, affect me like this one did. I was emotionally compromised for weeks! I cried, I got angry, and I smiled. Rainbow Rowell is a genius. Dreamworks is actually turning Eleanor & Park into a movie with Rainbow writing the screenplay! I cannot be more excited.  

I hope you guys check these books out! Let me know if you do and if you like them! What are some of your favorite books? 




No comments:

Post a Comment