Monday, June 9, 2014

Baking An Entrance



Hello there! My name is Marybeth. I'm a 19 year old college student with a love for baking, dyed red hair, old tv shows and cats! This is my first real shot at a blog so bear with me. I'm planning on this being mainly a cooking and baking blog with a few personal posts thrown in and a  few Friday Favorites type posts

I've always loved sweets but I never was interested in baking until I made a batch of cookies for my brothers baseball team a few years ago. Since then I have been using the boys as taste testers for any new recipe I find and they love it! They get sweets and I get feedback so its a win-win.

 For a while now I've been told that I should open a bakery to start selling my desserts. I honestly wasn't sure if I was good enough to do that. That was until I was asked by the baseball coaches mother to make two cheesecakes for her sons wedding rehearsal. I had never made a cheesecake before except for the no bake kind and I was nervous. I made a sample of a New York Cheesecake and a Chocolate Cheesecake. They loved them! I made the real cheesecakes and delivered them, a few hours later I got a message from the mother saying that they were a huge hit and that one of the waitresses wanted my business card! I had never been so excited! Since then I've been thinking about selling my baked goods out of my home and I also decided that starting a blog would be neat too. I love sharing recipes so naturally this is the best way to do so!

I'm going to try and come up with a schedule in the near future and I'll post it in my next blog post but until then, I would love it if you would share my blog with any of your recipe loving friends! I hope you guys decide to stick around and see where this goes!

                                     
Photo Courtesy of http://trishatrixiedesigns.files.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment